Welcome to this website owned and operated by Tristar Products, Inc. and its affiliates and/or subsidiaries ("Tristar Products"). Tristar Products is pleased to offer its products and provide other related information and materials to you through the website that directed you to this page. Because your privacy is important to us, we provide this notice explaining our online practices and your choices regarding our use of information about you collected through this website. This Notice applies only to the information collected by Tristar Products from the users of our website.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. To enable you to participate in our site offerings and fulfill your request for products and services, we may collect certain personally identifiable information, including contact information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as payment information (e.g. credit card numbers and billing address). We may collect information about your interest in and use of, or purchase of, our products and services We may collect, with your permission, marital status, gender or biometric information.
In addition, we may collect other information when you visit our website such as the domain name of your Internet service provider, type of browser you are using, and the type of operating system you are using as well as online identifiers, IP addresses and your interaction with our Sites, applications or advertisements
We may use the services of agents and contractors to assist us in providing our products and services.
In addition, we may disclose anonymous, aggregated user statistics to third parties for a variety of purposes. For example, we may disclose how many individuals visited certain areas of our website, how many men or women purchase a particular product, or other demographic data about users of our products or services.
3. YOUR CHOICES. As noted above, we may use the personally identifiable information we collect from you to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to opt out of future promotional materials from us, you may indicate this preference by following the unsubscribe instructions at the end of e-mail communications or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that even if you opt out of promotional messages from us, we will continue to send you important account-related information.
If you would like to request that we not share your information for such purposes, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also collect information through the use of "pixel tags" on our websites and in e-mail messages we may send to you that may be placed by us or third parties with whom we partner. "Pixels," also known as "Web beacons," are tiny graphic files or code snippets, not visible to the human eye, that can be included in HTML-encoded e-mail messages and web pages. When such a message is opened in an HTML-capable e-mail program, the recipient's computer or device will communicate with our server to retrieve the pixel tag file, allowing us to record and store, along with the recipient's e-mail address, the date and time the recipient viewed the e-mail message, the fact that the recipient's e-mail client is capable of receiving HTML-encoded e-mail, and other standard logging information. The pixel tag may also see or read cookies. Tristar Products may use pixel tags in order to measure and understand traffic better, improve site performance, track visitor behavior to improve user experience, and for tracking promotional and marketing campaign response, among others.
We may contract with third-party vendors, who act on our behalf, to serve ads to our customers via the internet or to send directly to customers whom we think may be interested in our products or services. To do this, the vendors will collect anonymous information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of the cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most major websites. They may also pool the anonymous information that they collect with other sources of information not collected during your visit to our website, which may include your name and mailing address, for purposes of determining whether you might be interested in receiving direct mail.
If you do not wish for cookies or pixel tags to be placed on your computer, most commercially available Web browsers permit you to modify your preferences to prevent that from taking place. To opt-out of receiving our direct mail, you may send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 973-287-5134.
5. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD-PARTY SITES. We sometimes may offer content (e.g., promotions) that is sponsored by or co-branded with an identified third party. In these instances, the third party may obtain information that you voluntarily submit to participate in a site activity. We have no control over the third party's use of this information. The site will notify you at the time of information collection if a third party will obtain such information.
In addition, our site may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. You should consult the other sites' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
6. DATA SECURITY. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our websites, and you do so at your own risk.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US. If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Tristar Products Inc. 492 Route 46 East, Fairfield, NJ 07004. Attn: Privacy
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
Your Right to Know About the Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”), and we collected from the following sources:
• Directly from you as a customer. For example, when you (or your agent) call us to place an order, customer information and order information is obtained.
• Directly and indirectly from activity on our websites. For example, when submissions are made through our website portal or website, the content of the submission and usage details are collected automatically.
• When a customer places an inbound phone order, customer information and order information is obtained.
• Facebook, Google, Bing, Yahoo, and similar website that have the ability to direct potential customers to our website via search inquiries, cookies, and other tracking technologies.
In particular, we collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months as follows:
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
D. Commercial information.
E. Biometric information.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
G. Geolocation data.
H. Professional or employment-related information.
I. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
• To improve our website and present its contents to you.
• For testing, research, analysis and product development.
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To learn what information is of most and least interest.
• To speed up your searches.
• As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable laws, court orders, or governmental regulations.
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party or a service provider for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category H: Professional or employment-related information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Outbound call centers;
• Direct Mail remarketers;
• List rental companies;
• Service providers; and
• Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold the following categories of personal information:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Category D: Commercial information.
Your Rights and Choices
Under California Laws, California residents can exercise three privacy rights (Disclosure and Access; Deletion; and “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”), which are described in more detail below (collectively, “Rights”). These Rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose or permit access to specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure or access would present a certain level of risk to the security of the personal information, your account with us or the security of the business’s systems of networks. If you are a California consumer, we will process your request to exercise your Rights in accordance with California Laws.
A record concerning the requests may be maintained pursuant to our legal obligations. Further, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if such request is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded.
Disclosure and Access Requests
You have the right to request that we disclose to you, for the 12-month period immediately preceding the date of your request to know the following:
Categories of Personal Information Request
• The categories of personal information we collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
• If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
o sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
o disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Specific Pieces of Information Request
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
When a request for disclosure is made, we will first take steps to verify your identity to protect your privacy and security. For requests to disclose categories of personal information collected, we will have the requestor provide at least two pieces of information so that we may verify the requestor’s identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. For requests to disclose specific pieces of personal information collected, we will have the requestor provider at least three pieces of information so that we may verify the requestor’s identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty and additionally provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that the requestor is the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. We are required to retain the signed declarations as part of our record-keeping obligations for 24 months.
Please note that we will never disclose a consumer’s social security number, driver’s license number, or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health information or medical identification number, an account password, or security questions and answers in response to a disclosure request.
Please note additionally that we are only required to fulfil a Disclosure request from a consumer twice per every 12-month period. If you submit a request in excess, it may be denied or you may be charged for fulfilling your request.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Given the type of personal information we collect, for requests to delete personal information collected, we will have the requestor provide at least three pieces of information so that we may verify the requestor’s identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty. We are required to retain the requests to delete for a period of 12 months as part of our record-keeping obligations.
If we are unable to verify a request, to the extent possible, that request will be treated as a request to opt-out and afforded rights associated with that request right as described in more detail below.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. A deletion request may be denied, in full or in part, if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Disclosure and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
• Calling us at 1-800-718-5135
• Email us at email@example.com
Only you may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information Requests
You have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information to a third party. To request that we not sell your personal information, click the button “Do Not Sell My Personal Information.” firstname.lastname@example.org
Further, you may designate an authorized agent to make a Do Not Sell My Personal Information request, but that agent will have to provide proof of the authorized agent’s written permission to do so. We will also require the authorized agent verify their identity corresponding to the written permission. (The verification requirement does not apply if the consumer has provided the authorized agent with legal power of attorney under California Probate Code Sections 400 to 4465.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data disclosure requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Requests to Opt-In for Minors
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right ot direct us not to sell your personal information at any time. We do not and will not sell personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age unless we received affirmative authorization from the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age, to opt-in to the sale of their personal information. Upon the receipt of this request to opt-in, we will inform the minor of the right to opt-out later and of the process for doing so.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Notice, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: Tristar Products Inc, 492 Route 46 E, Fairfield, NJ 07004. Attn: CS-CCPA